Lub-dub, lub-dub, lub-dub, Chris Dylan’s heart rate picked up as he inched forward to the edge of the forest, with each step, sweat started to form on his skin. He knew all to well that this forest is famous for testing the courage of everyone who walked down that eerie path; but now, it is his turn. The air is filled with fear, the smell of it was so appalling that it made him hesitate for a few seconds; in this moment of hesitation, he looked around and saw that there is no green here, no bright colors to signify peace and hope, only a dark and dreary forest. Chris knew that if he turned back now, his family, friends, and associates will label him, “Weak,” for the rest of his days. “I got to make this journey now or I will regret it for the rest of my life.” Chris said to himself; so he took a couple of breaths, made sure that he had his weapon and tools to fend off the wolves of defeat and pressed on.
How many of us are just like Chris Dylan? When we have our eyes set on a goal to achieve success, immediately, a dark and dreary forest pops out of nowhere. We think to ourselves, “Wait a minute, where did all trials, troubles, and obstacles come from?” This happened to me a few years ago when decided to pursue a career as a professional helicopter pilot. All sorts of obstacles popped of nowhere, but I have not given up on my dream to graduate from flight school and get my bachelor’s in aviation sciences. As I am writing this article, I will share with you how to make it through your own personal dark and dreary forest so that you can be successful in life.
1. Write down your goal of who you want to be, not what everyone thinks you should be; doctor, firefighter, athlete, soldier, pilot, teacher, scientist, or professor, all these professions and many others will take years to accomplish and hours of study to master the skill.
2. Be ready to face your fears, weaknesses, and march forward into the dark forest. At this point, all you can do is take a couple of breaths and press onward until you have obtained success in your chosen profession. In the story above, the path to success is not easy, it is very hard to obtain. There will be:
The people who are weak, will be the ones who give up because of the following pointers that I have listed. The people who have the courage and the desire to succeed will prepare themselves for failure, they will know what to do and how to react when they experience the pointers I have listed above.
3. Arm yourselves with the proper tools and weapons to protect yourselves from the wolves of defeat. The greatest obstacle that stands in the way of achieving success is our own selves. The environment of that forest or the negative state of human emotion may not bother us, but second guessing or doubting yourselves will; such thoughts will come in the form of:
- “Is this really worth my time?”
- “This is really boring.”
- “Why am I doing this?”
- “This can wait for some other time.”
- “I am not good at this.”
- “I will never amount to anything.”
When you are in this frame of mind, the wolves of defeat will come in for the kill. To protect yourselves from these predators, you need to:
- Reprogram your thoughts for success. You can do this by memorizing a motivational poem or song to keep you fired up. My motto is, “Work like hell.” I have repeated this phrase over and over in my mind that it has become my driving force to get things done and achieve my goals.
- Have family support. There is nothing greater when you hear the words, “Don’t give up,” from a friend or family member.
- Surround yourself in a positive environment that will keep you motivated. Shut out all the noise of the rat race so that you can focus on accomplishing your goal. What I mean by this is that you need to put away the video games and all other unnecessary things that will cause you to waste time.
- Always have a smile on your face, even when times are dark and dreary.
Remember this, the dark forest and clouds of life will always pass; the darkness will always give way to the light and it will never return so as long as you stay positive everyday. Follow these tips so that you can be successful in life.
If you are struggling to find success in life or you want to overcome a personal problem, click here now to obtain the tools in the personal development industry to help combat trials and self-defeat by re-installing the success software for your brain.
Achieving success is like flipping on the light switch, the dark gives way to the light. When we face dark times, our personal life gets out of control; there is a self-development light switch that you can turn and it will make a huge difference in your life!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Milo_Pabawena/1353540